Saturday, July 26, 2014

Villa Montalva :

Yesterday, I participated in a wonderful event at the
in Saratoga, CA


I was invited to be one of the artists
to do live painting for
 

We all braved the heat that day
and enjoyed a casual afternoon on the grounds
of an historic villa.


There was music performed by the talented Chris Reed,
and an art exhibit by the amazing visual artist Tulio Flores.
 Myself and other local artists
set up our tables and easels on the lawn.
-unfortunately, I didn't take more photos during the event! 



This was a really fun experience for me,
working on a new painting in such
an inspiring environment. 









I didn't finish my painting,
maybe because the glazes were not drying
as quickly from the humidity, or
I had too much fun mingling with the guests & other artists!



My daughters and I plan to return to the
Villa Montalvo soon to hike the trails.

It has alot of eye candy for me to see 
from the architectural details, to
the artist projects created throughout
the grounds, the large old trees, 
flowers and succulents galore,
and more I haven't seen yet!



I want to thank both Chris and Tulio 
for an amazing afternoon!

My art to yours,
Yvette



 

No comments:

Post a Comment