Friday, August 28, 2015

A little about my ART Process :


I haven't posted much about art my process recently.

These are a few close-up photos highlighting
my love for texture on my paintings!

 It all starts with a trip to my favorite art store

On a recent shopping spree at the Blick in San Francisco,
I couldn't resist a pic of my favorite isle...

From the gooey molding pastes
and yummy gels to the gorgeous fluid acrylics,
I love them all!
And frankly, I've tried them all.
I have my favorites for the effects
and techniques I use on my art.
Over time, through experimentation
there are results that I like right now.
Next year, it will probably be different!

A shot from my studio, some of my favorite colors.


 Mixing with Golden's Fluid Acrylics and High Flow
paints is just plain fun, when creating my palettes.
I really push the pigment by adding way too much water,
but I throw in some Glazing Medium to make up for it.
It becomes like a watercolor, even more fluid
and transparent, which is great for layering.


 So why all the fuss with the glazes?  
The thinner and watery my paint is, 
the nicer it settles into my textured "base" on my canvas.
 
 
It really shows off all those nooks and crevices 
that I created with the molding paste.
Depending on the type of paste I use,
the paint may get "soaked" up or it may
simply "lay" on top of the surface.

 My line work defines where I will apply color, and
defines the organic and abstract botanicals 
that I've "drawn" onto my textured surface.

 
Here is my drawing from my sketchbook,
where my inspiration stems from
when starting a painting.

This is my "line work", or my designs.
My lines are loose, but structured.
The shapes are organic, but stylized.
 
They are Me.

Setting out time to just draw or doodle
in my sketch book 
is an important part of my
art process.  
If I don't make that "time", I can get kind-of grumpy. :)
I need to constantly create,
my mind is always thinking of what to try next.
It doesn't have a switch.
 
Designing is what makes me the happiest.
 
Another blog post on that later!
 
 
My art to yours,
Yvette
 


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment