Monday, February 24, 2014

The Painted Chair Project : "Time to Bloom"

I'm excited to share that I've been working on a fun project
with two wonderful organizations:
called 
"The Painted Chairs Project".
Each of the 1930's wooden folding chairs,
from the Woman's Club, are actually party of their history.
I took some photos before I painted mine, it had so much 
character and was still functional.

What a great way to help support and raise community awareness!
I was so excited to be one of 60 local artists chosen to receive a chair!
Now the hard part was to decide what to do with it....
I decided to do a twist on my aesthetic:
floral designs in a bold pastel palette.
As you can see in the lower photo,
I like to draw inspiration from my sketchbook.

On the back panel, I did stay true to my style.
This is one of my latest botanical line designs.

Here is my chair, "Time to Bloom" all finished:




The Painted Chair Auction Fundraiser Event
will be held
Saturday, March 29th from 6-9pm
The Woman's Club of Palo Alto
475 Homer Avenue, Palo Alto, CA
Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 at the door

In the meantime all the chairs will be displayed 
in local businesses throughout Palo Alto.

All the artist's chairs look amazing.
It's going to be a fun evening seeing all the ideas
that each of the artists created.
I know they all worked hard on them!

The underside of the seat
My art to yours,
Yvette


UPDATE:
My chair is displayed in downtown Palo Alto
at Romi Boutique


 Cute pic with my girls!


















No comments:

Post a Comment